Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cloth Diapers





I've decided to switch over to cloth diapers. Buying them can be a big expense, so I decided to make my own. After all the materials I purchased, they came out to about $2.50 per diaper, that beats the store by $15! I found a few websites that helped me figure out the materials and patterns: http://www.littlefornow.com/pages/cloth-diaper-fabrics.php
It only took me a few hours, which isn't too bad. The thing I like about this design is it has tabs to bring over the Velcro (the rough loop part) for when you wash it so it won't stick to everything. When I made my soaker pad, I added the PUL waterproof material on the bottom layer to help with leaking. I also sewed an M for medium or a L for large on the back of the diapers to tell what size it is. They hold up great for washing and should help us save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment