Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Popcorn



Popcorn has so many great options to make it taste great. Although I enjoy the plain popcorn, it is fun to dress up too. One great recipe is making it covered in sweetness, I like white chocolate.

My favorite way is to get 1/3 cup popcorn kernels and pop it in my air popper. I then get 2 cubes of vanilla flavored bark, this is found in the cooking isle of your grocery store. I melt the 2 cubes of bark in the microwave for about 2 minutes. I stir it and add about 1 tsp of salt. I then drizzle it over my popped popcorn and toss it with 2 spoons until it is evenly covered. Let it cool for 1-2 hours before devouring it, I know it will be hard.

The pictures shows both the chocolate flavor bark and the vanilla flavored bark. My favorite brand I have tried so far is found at Frys, I don't like the walmart one too much. Melting a chocolate bar such as Hershy's tastes amazing for the chocolate, I prefer it's taste over the bark, but the Hershy's chocolate doesn't harden all the way after you heat it up and put it on the popcorn (that may just be because I live in AZ where it is hot all the time). Whatever you do, it is a pretty easy way to dress up your popcorn, don't forget the salt, it really brings out the flavoring.

This is a great treat for a movie night in, or something fun for a party. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment