Friday, February 11, 2011

Cream of Mushroom Soup

 


One thing I love to use in my cooking is cream of mushroom soup. There is only one problem though, it is pretty expensive. I decided to try making my own and canning it and it was very good! Here is the recipe:

1/3 cup butter
1 pound mushrooms, chopped or sliced
3/4 cup flour
2 quarts meat stock (chicken bouillon may be substituted)
1 T. salt
1 tsp. lemon juice
(the recipe didn't call for it, but I added 1 onion)

DIRECTIONS

Melt butter.

Add mushrooms and cook until brown.

Add meat stock, saving enough to mix with the flour.

Make a paste with meat stock and flour.

Mix all ingredients and heat until it boils.

Put in jars and process in pressure canner for 40 minutes at 10 lb. pressure.

When opening to use, add equal amount of milk and soup.

Makes 5 pints.



No comments:

Post a Comment